Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Planting seeds for the first time...

Two years ago when Johnny and I first did a garden (or I guess, the first time I ever did, he has had experience with it before), we planted only plants (other than squash seeds).

We of course planted tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers and squash...nothing out of the ordinary. Last year we moved during planting season, so we were unable to try again, so this year I spent a lot of time researching and finding out a way we could have a productive gardening. I came across the Square Foot Gardening method by Mel and have read through his book at least twice, waiting patiently (or not so patiently) for the garden to be ready for me to start planting.

I'll be glad next year when I can start when it is time to plant and not have to wait for it to be done!

I planted radishes and carrots (8 of each) in one box, Swiss Chard, Lettuce (I am trying it from seed, praying it works!), Spinach and Snap Peas.

No comments: