Sunday, May 10, 2009

square foot garden update 2


Our garden has grown a lot this last week - we had lots of rain and warm nights.

  • squash and cucumbers are getting big - now I have to figure out how to vine them.
  • tomatoes have doubled in size again.
  • tomatoes and peppers have flowers about to open
  • my parsley all has some seeds sprouting
  • I had to tie twine around all of my bush beans as they are getting tall and starting to fall over into other boxes (primarily only the tongue and fire but I did the rest as well)
  • the pole green beans are growing fast and vining well
  • both nasturtiums had flowers bloom
  • my eggplant has a bud on it about to open
  • my peppers have shown a lot of growth and gotten dark green
  • my swiss chard has started to grow and I think I am going to harvest my lettuce before it gets too hot and then plant some more green beans or radishes.
  • you can see our hanging tomatoes and pepper plant - the nasturtiums and basil have sprouted on top.
My apple tree has shown lots of new growth this week. I wish I had a picture of what it looked liked last week...

1 comment:

mom said...

the garden has really grown a lot since we were there, it's looking really good.:)